Make Your Own Passover Candy...Chocolate-Covered Toffee Matzah
This is my kid's favorite Passover recipe! We go crazy, and use all different kinds of baking chips (milk chocolate, toffee, peanut butter, dark chocolate, white chocolate). Then we paint on the chocolates, mix them up, and cover them with colored sprinkles, nonpareils, nuts, candy, etc. They are truly a work of art! And this is a perfect recipe for getting rid of all the leftover matzah after Passover!
* 1/2 lb matzah
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 8 ounces chocolate chips
* Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay matzah on pan.
* Melt brown sugar with butter in saucepan; boil until mixture coats a spoon.
* Brush matzah with brown sugar mixture.
* Bake in 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes (watch closely-it burns easily!!!) until it starts to bubble.
* Cover with chocolate chips and put back in the oven until the chips start to melt.
* Spread the chocolate to cover the matzah. Optional: Sprinkle with nuts, sprinkles, candy, etc.
* Refrigerate chocolate-covered matzah until hard, then break into pieces.
Passover Lemon Berry Muffins
These Passover muffins make an excellent breakfast, snack or accompaniment to lunch or dinner. Use fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries or blackberries for these muffins. The berries burst out of the muffins--these are so good, you may want to make them after Passover!
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup oil
* 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup matzoh cake meal
* 1/4 cup potato starch
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries
* 1 tsp. lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease generously.
2. Beat sugar and oil together. Beat in eggs.
3. Add cake meal, potato starch and salt, stirring until combined.
4. Rinse berries and pat dry. Fold berries and lemon zest into batter.
5. Fill muffin tins up to the top with batter. Bake 45 minutes.
Macaroon Fudge Bars
* 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate
* 1 c. unsalted margarine
* 1 c. sugar
* ¼ c. brown sugar
* 1 Tbsp. vanilla sugar
* 3 eggs
* ¾ c matzoh cake meal
* ¼ c potato starch
* ¼ tsp. salt
* 1 ½ c. lightly packed, coarsely chopped macaroons (any flavor)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 7 x 11” brownie pan, or a 9 x 9 baking pan. In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and margarine over low heat. Cool to room temperature. Stir in all of the sugars, eggs, cake meal, potato starch and salt. Mix until well blended. Stir in the macaroon pieces. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake 40 – 50 minutes until the top seems set and is beginning to take on a crackled appearance. Do not overbake! Cool the brownies in the pan until serving time.