The beginning (and end) of daylight saving time is great time of year to ...
- Find the one clock you own that does not turn itself back automatically (stove, coffee pot, microwave, or car most likely).
- Change the batteries in your smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
- Review and practice fire escape and family disaster plans.
- Inspect tires, headlights, taillights, and brake lights on all your vehicles.
- Inspect tires, brakes, and reflectors on bicycles and scooters.
- Turn and flip your mattresses.
- Check your medicines, vitamins, and first aid kits, replacing expired items and restocking items that have been used.
- Schedule needed doctor and/or dentist appointments.