Who remembers clipping coupons from the Sunday paper and stacking Catalina coupons at the grocery store? I know I'm not the only one. While I don't have time to sit and clip coupons anymore, I am still saving extra money while grocery shopping, thanks to Ibotta. When you use the Ibotta app, you can get cash back on each grocery trip at participating retailers including Costco, ShopRite, Whole Foods, Target, Trader Joe's, Wegmans, Aldi, and Stop & Shop, to name a few. You can even get cash back when you shop online!
Here's How Ibotta Works:
1. Download the Ibotta app and check out the grocery stores where you typically shop.
2. Before you go to a participating grocery store, browse the Ibotta app and select the products you would want to purchase at the store.
3. At the store, open the Ibotta app, click on "Your List" to see all the items you selected to purchase and find those items at the store. If you're not sure about a certain item, you can scan the barcode, and the app will tell you if the product qualifies for cash back or not.
4. Check out, and save your receipt. Depending on the store, you can upload a photo of the receipt, or if you're like me and lose receipts almost immediately, you can automatically link the store account to the Ibotta app. The app will automatically calculate how much cash back you'll receive on that shopping trip.
5. Once you reach $20 in cash back savings, you can withdraw your earnings by: 1) purchasing a gift card through the app; 2) sending your money to your already linked PayPal account; or 3) cashing out directly to a bank account.
How Easy Is It To Use Ibotta?
On a recent shopping trip to Whole Foods, I selected Siggi's yogurt, Dave's Killer Bread, and King Arthur flour on the Ibotta app. While I was shopping, I was pleasantly surprised to see Siggi's yogurt and King Arthur flour were already on sale at the store.
When I checked out, I received an additional 10% discount on those items just by being an Amazon Prime Member.
I uploaded a photo of my receipt on the Ibotta app for more cash back earnings. In total, I saved an additional $5.75 just by shopping at Whole Foods and purchasing items that I would have bought anyway!
When I shopped at Target, the process of getting cash back from Ibotta was even easier because I linked my Target account to the Ibotta app for automatic processing. I selected Kraft Singles Sliced Cheese, Kellogg's Rice Krispies, Rao's Frozen Dinner, Snickers singles bars, and Skintimate Shaving Cream twin pack on the Ibotta app. Then I shopped for those items at the store.
When I checked out, I used my Target REDcard to save an additional 5% on my purchase, which is linked to my Target account. I received automatic cash back on the Ibotta app within three days. Woo hoo!
Check out how much cash back I've earned from these two shopping trips:
Nothing makes me happier than saving extra money by shopping for items I would already buy. And with Ibotta, I always save alotta!
Join my team and let's save together! Use referral code NVFGQOF when you sign up for the Ibotta app.
Disclosure: Macaroni Kid Northeast Bergen was compensated to use the Ibotta app for the purpose of this review. All opinions are that of the author. All offers were valid as of publish date. Don’t forget to check your app for details as offers change frequently and may not be available in all areas.