Celebrating Memorial Day with a BBQ or a get-together with friends?
Ask the kids to bring their scooters or bikes to decorate for an informal patriotic parade! Some Northern Pascack Valley towns like Washington Township and Westwood are getting into the bike parade as well. We have suggestions for supplies you'll need for a "wheeling" good time and decorating fun. The kids will have a blast decorating their scooters, bikes, or trikes. They can even add an extra flair with red, white, and blue to their helmets!
Here are the suggested supplies you'll need to create your own Memorial Day bike Flair.
- American flags
- Paper or plastic streamers
- Sparkly garland
- Red, white, and blue crepe paper and bows
- Bells tied with red, white, and blue ribbons
- Festive garlands
- Patriotic decor from the dollar store
- Pipe cleaners
- Zip ties, elastic hair ties, or rubber bands.
& Of course, Creativity!
1. The best movement for a fun decorated bike, is the bicycle's handlebars. Try streamers, garland, and small flags for the best results! Don't forget the pinwheels.
2. There are no rules to bike decor except to keep it fun, vibrant, and all American! Thread red, white, and blue crepe paper/streamers through the spokes of the wheels.
3. The bike frame is next! Go all out! My son sticks sticky stars and garland all on his bike frame!
4. Last but not least, the helmet! We put pipe cleaners through the holes of his helmet and topped it off with some sticky stars.
Whatever the end result, it's festive and fun! Now, let them cruise with pride.
WANT MORE FAMILY FUN?
Be sure you are receiving our FREE emails for weekly event listings and also check out our events calendar!
Macaroni Kids Northern Pascack Valley is proudly serving Northeast Bergen County area families in Closter, Harrington Park, Northvale, Norwood, Old Tappan, Emerson, Hillsdale, Montvale, Park Ridge, River Vale, Westwood, and Woodcliff Lake.